1. Rigorous Fundamental Research
- We believe we have built a repeatable, consistent, and proven investment process founded on treating each investment from a business ownership perspective.
- We seek to understand the keys that unlock exceptional business economics, the ability to maintain or improve those economics, the business’ advantaged moat, and if the business deserves the right to succeed.
- We have developed three proprietary research frameworks to navigate through the research process and due diligence of qualified investments: Six-Sides of Great, a 72-point checklist, and M-Theory.
- We value independence in our research as we know a consensus view can lead to mediocre returns. A geographic separation from “Wall Street” is a conscious endeavor to filter noise and actively avoid the group-think mentality in investing.
Next: 2. Attempt to Focus on Exceptional Businesses »